Pages

Tuesday, 8 September 2015

Cross Country

Cross country
by Jordan

Splat. One early morning we painted our faces and wrote and drew things on our hands with the felt tip. Then we practised our winning chant. After that we rushed off to the deck, waiting quietly till our turn. “Finally,” I whispered softly. We jumped in a line and went round the net ball court. After that the whole school walked quickly over to the farm to run cross country.

“We’re there” I gulped weirdly. I sat down slowly on the tarpaulin wait for the little kids to finish. Suddenly I heard a voice saying “11 year olds,”

“Thats me,” I thought as I got up.

Boom! boom! boom! My heart was beating just for someone to say ”Go.” Suddenly a voice said Ready…Steady...GO!  We raced to the front like our lives counted on it. I was huffing and puffing like I was trying to blow a bubble, a giant one. I raced Konrad, Hohepa and Arama. I started slowing down but my Dad pushed me to my limits.

My second lap. I yelled inside my mind. I was so tired you could touch me and I'd fall over as I huffed and puffed I could see Konrad running far In front of me I saw him came sprinting down the hill. I need to win so I can go to ohaeawai for cross country I gulped. My little tiny legs were slowing Me Down as I ran up the big steep hill. As I made it up the hill I could see Toko and Anthony trailing behind. I Ran faster and faster down the hill each minute.

AS I gazed through all the trees I saw  Konrad ,Hohepa and Arama Already past the finish line.
So I started running faster.

“YES, I finally made it” I Whispered As I snatched my Drink bottle off my Mum and got me something to eat.  “Phew, I was glad it was over”!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a tough race Jordan. Great reading your recount though. Did you make the cross country in Ohaeawai?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jordan, great story :D but maybe you could work on more stronger sentence starters next time? Otherwise it was a cool story.
    Until next time, Anthony

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.